12.16.2011

TSF Christmas Decor

What is it about decorating for Christmas that makes your home that much more welcoming and cozy?  Once Halloween has come and gone I am guilty of listening to Christmas music in anticipation of the upcoming season.  While I confess to listening to carols earlier that I ought to, I restrain myself from putting up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving.  The day after Thanksgiving I spend the day putting away all of Fall and taking out my precious Christmas decor.  

My home is very traditionally decorated and my Christmas decor is merely an extension of my design aestetic on a day to day basis.  I love metallics at Christmas with accents of traditional red and green, usually described as traditional rustic glam, but pretty light on the glam.  I always incorporate burlap, and this year I bought a beautiful ruffled monogram burlap tree skirt from It's In The Bag.  Burlap was also wrapped around mini rosemary trees that were placed throughout the house.

My fireplace mantle was inspired by the November-December 2011 issue of Traditional Home, which featured a gorgeous Dallas home that was glittered with mercury glass accents.  Her mercury glass trees were both antique and new.  I found my trees at United Market Street and Target.  The garland is from Hobby Lobby and was customized using greenery spray from Nicholson-Hardie.  Our traditional needlepoint stockings are from Lands' End.  And I have yet to find the perfect stocking hangers, so for now they will continue to hang on the fireplace tool's stand.


Our dining room has a few elegant touches, reminiscent of a cold winters night with a palette of brown, white, and white gold. Some sweet friends gave us the beautiful white poinsettia that on our dining room table.  I loved the white on white of the poinsettia in the antique swan planter that my SIL graciously bought me in Round Top earlier this year.  The extra-large pinecones have a metallic sheen to them.  I had to have them when I saw how beautifully they were displayed at Mary Cates on Lover's Lane in Dallas, if you have not visited them you must!  Greenery sprays and an antler shed were added to the vignette on the buffet.  The whole room would be complete with my Juliska china, monogrammed white linen napkins and these napkin rings!

The little snow globe sits in my entryway console alongside a basket full of this years Christmas cards from friends and family.  I found it at Anthropologie and thought that it was so whimsical and fun, I had to get one.  They come in all shapes and sizes, the smallest is made out of a salt shaker!  To see more shots of my Christmas Tree, visit this post.  One thing that my home is lacking is a nativity scene. I love this one.  Too bad it is sold out, would have been a great addition to our home.  Next year I will be sure to get one early!  In the meantime I will hope to win the lottery so I can buy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...