1.16.2012

Paleo Green Monster

In the weeks before Christmas I attempted to switch to a Paleo focused diet.  I was semi-successful and could feel a noticeable difference in my energy and overall health, but with all of the busyness of the season was unable to fully commit.  Now, with a more open and flexible schedule I have been committing  to making Paleo-practical choices for our family.  A few of my favorite blogs with family friendly Paleo recipes are Everyday Paleo, Paleo Effect, The Food Lovers Primal Palate, and Paleo on a Budget.

With a very opinionated two year old this has been a somewhat frustrating task.  I have always struggled with getting her to eat veggies and try new foods.  She loves broccoli but won't touch carrots.  Will eat Dora edamame but turns her nose up to peas.  And leafy greens are out of the question.  Until I discovered the green smoothie.  I never tried a green smoothie until next week, but knew they were jam packed full of nutrients.  So I gave it a shot after reading a few recipes on Pinterest.  Vivi loves her "green juice" and I am happy to say we have one every morning!  Thus far this is our favorite.


All of the measurements are approximate, just adjust for your taste.  I also suggest putting everything in the blender in this order for the smoothest blend.

1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 handfuls of spinach
1 container of vanilla coconut yogurt
1 cup of orange juice
1/2 cup of water
1 1/2 bananas
a few ice cubes

Blend to your desired consistency and add more or less liquid depending on how juicy you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...